NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Dominican Republic||HT: 6-3||WT: 175|
|BORN: 7/3/03||YEAR: 03||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Jean Montero is a really intriguing point guard prospect with a nice frame, great change of speed and slick ball handling skills. He projects as one of the top international players in the 2022 NBA draft.
Montero has it all for a PG, size, athleticism, vision and ball handling. He’s a one man press break and is nearly impossible to contain one on one. He has good court awareness and does a good job of anticipating the movement of the defense, passing out of double teams and swinging the ball away from pressure. Montero can run the pick and roll and has great touch on his passes.
At 6-3 he’s got prototypical point guard size and has all the quickness, agility and leaping ability you could want. He’s got a lethal combination of a quick first step and outside shooting ability, which keeps the defense off balance and makes Montero a nightmare to try to defend.
- bigger Dennis Schröder
first round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Point Guards
- Kennedy Chandler – 6-1 – Tennessee
- J.D. Davison – 6-2 – Alabama
- Adam Miller – 6-4 – Illinois
- D.J. Steward – 6-3 – Duke
- Caleb Love – 6-3 – UNC
- Jean Montero – 6-3 – Dominican Republic
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- D.J. Carton – 6-2 – Marquette
- Devin Askew – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Kristian Lander – 6-2 – Indiana
- Josiah James – 6-6 – Tennessee
- Andrew Nembhard – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- R.J. Davis – 6-0 – UNC
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – Memphis
- De’Vion Harmon – 6-1 – Oklahoma