NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Overtime Elite|
|HT: 6-3||WT: 175|
|BORN: 7/3/03||YEAR: 03||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Jean Montero is a really intriguing point guard prospect with a nice frame, great change of speed and slick ball handling skills. He projects as one of the top international players in the 2022 NBA draft. He’ll be playing in the new Overtime Elite pro league this year.
Montero has it all for a PG, size, athleticism, vision and ball handling. He’s a one man press break and is nearly impossible to contain one on one. He has good court awareness and does a good job of anticipating the movement of the defense, passing out of double teams and swinging the ball away from pressure. Montero can run the pick and roll and has great touch on his passes.
At 6-3 he’s got prototypical point guard size and has all the quickness, agility and leaping ability you could want. He’s got a lethal combination of a quick first step and outside shooting ability, which keeps the defense off balance and makes Montero a nightmare to try to defend.
- bigger Dennis Schröder
mid first to mid second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Point Guards
- Dyson Daniels – 6-7 – G League Ignite (Australia)
- TyTy Washington – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Dalen Terry – 6-7 – Arizona
- Andrew Nembhard – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Kennedy Chandler 6-1 – Tennessee
- Iverson Molinar – 6-3 – Miss. State (Panama)
- Hugo Besson – 6-3 – NZ Breakers (France)
- J.D. Davison – 6-2 – Alabama
- Jamaree Bouyea – 6-2 – San Francisco
- Jean Montero – 6-3 – Dominican Republic
- Scotty Pippen Jr. – 6-1 – Vanderbilt
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
Full 2022 Big Board (Patreon)