NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Virginia||HT: 7-1||WT: 240|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: Sr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Tall, lean, skilled and lethal from 3pt land, Huff will get a long look from NBA teams thanks to his ability to space the floor and guard at the rim.
Huff posted great shooting splits as a senior (58/39/84) thanks to his great shooting ability and smart shot selection. His 3pt shot at his height is a dangerous weapon and gives him a clear NBA role.
Huff averaged 2.6 blocks per game as a senior and is very adept at defending at the rim. He’s a bit lacking in bulk and might get pushed around early in his career but shows a lot of promise as a shot blocker. He’s got decent versatility on D, although he won’t be confused for Clint Capela any time soon.
possible second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Center Rankings
- Evan Mobley – 7-0 – USC
- Alperen Sengün – 6-10 – Turkey
- Day’Ron Sharpe – 6-9 – UNC
- Neemias Queta – 7-0 – Utah St. (Portugal)
- Charles Bassey – 6-11 – Western Kentucky (Nigeria)
- Jericho Sims – 6-10 – Texas
- Luka Garza – 6-11 – Iowa
- Sandro Mamukelashvili – 6-10 – Seton Hall (Georgia)
- Filip Petrusev – 6-11 – Serbia
- Santi Aldama – 6-11 – Loyola (MD) (Spain)
- EJ Onu – 6-11 – Shawnee State
- Jay Huff – 7-1 – Virginia
- Balsa Koprivica – 7-1 – Florida State (Serbia)