NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF||FROM: Oregon|
|HT: 6-6||WT: 235|
|BORN: 2/14/97||YEAR: Sr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Eugene Omoruyi is one of the most underrated prospects in the 2021 NBA Draft. A big, strong and physical wing with a nice shooting stroke and an all around game, Omoruyi will get a long look from NBA teams. He projects as a possible second round pick to undrafted but even if he doesn’t hear his name called on draft day he’ll still get a shot to make it in the league.
Omoruyi does a little bit of everything on the court. His strong frame and big upper body help him guard either forward position and he’s got a good looking three point shot, which will be his ticket onto an NBA roster. He’s shown solid improvement with his outside shooting over the years and if he continues to improve he’ll have a long pro career.
Can play with his back to the basket or handle the ball on the perimeter.
In some ways he reminds me of Eric Paschall but more of a small forward version.
He’s an older prospect, born in 1997.
possible second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 SF Rankings
- Scottie Barnes – 6-9 – Florida State
- Jonathan Kuminga – 6-7 – G League (Congo)
- Jalen Johnson – 6-9 – Duke
- Franz Wagner – 6-9 – Michigan (Germany)
- Corey Kispert – 6-7 – Gonzaga
- Trey Murphy III – 6-9 – Virginia
- Vrenz Bleijenbergh – 6-10 – Belgium
- Ziaire Williams – 6-9 – Stanford
- Aaron Henry – 6-6 – Michigan State
- Herb Jones – 6-8 – Alabama
- Isaiah Livers – 6-7 – Michigan
- Kessler Edwards – 6-8 – Pepperdine
- Chris Smith – 6-9 – UCLA
- Eugene Omoruyi – 6-6 – Oregon
- Sam Hauser – 6-8 – Virginia
- Trendon Watford – 6-8 – LSU
- Derrick Alston Jr. – 6-9 – Boise State
- Alex Antetokounmpo – 6-7 – USA
- Emmitt Mathews Jr. – 6-7 – West Virginia