NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Shawnee State||HT: 6-11||WT: 240|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: Sr.||WING: 7-8 1/2||REACH: 9-6|
EJ Onu is one of the more intriguing prospects in this draft, despite being a fringe second rounder. He comes from way off the radar, having played at NAIA school Shawnee State. This past season for the Bears he averaged 17ppg, 8rbs and 4.5 blocks, while hitting 40% from downtown (52/1130).
He’s got a massive 7-8+ wingspan and can play above the rim while barely leaving his feet. His length allows him to dunk the ball with ease and have a major impact in the lane on the defensive end.
He’s relatively quick and nimble for a big who flashes NBA level athleticism.
Onu is a possible second round selection who would be a developmental prospect who will likely spend time in the G League before seeing any meaningful NBA minutes.
possible second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Center Rankings
- Evan Mobley – 7-0 – USC
- Alperen Sengün – 6-10 – Turkey
- Day’Ron Sharpe – 6-9 – UNC
- Neemias Queta – 7-0 – Utah St. (Portugal)
- Charles Bassey – 6-11 – Western Kentucky (Nigeria)
- Jericho Sims – 6-10 – Texas
- Luka Garza – 6-11 – Iowa
- Sandro Mamukelashvili – 6-10 – Seton Hall (Georgia)
- Filip Petrusev – 6-11 – Serbia
- Santi Aldama – 6-11 – Loyola (MD) (Spain)
- EJ Onu – 6-11 – Shawnee State
- Jay Huff – 7-1 – Virginia
- Balsa Koprivica – 7-1 – Florida State (Serbia)