NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Gonzaga|
|HT: 6-10||WT: 235|
|BORN: 9/9/00||YEAR: Jr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Timme is a highly skilled power forward who is one of the main cogs on an ultra-talented Gonzaga team. He’s a skilled passer, an efficient scorer and capable defender who projects as a high end role player at the NBA level.
Post play isn’t en vogue these days but neither is the handlebar mustache and Timme is trying to bring them both back. He’s a super crafty low post score who uses great footwork, ball fakes and up and under moves to get the defender off balance. He has a knack for hitting little flips, fall-aways and scoring from awkward angles. Part of me wonders how this will translate to the NBA level but so far the results speak for themselves. Timme averages over 19ppg on over 65% from the field. Impressive to say the least.
Timme has a nice shooting touch but isn’t yet a major weapon from 3pt land (although he projects to be a good 3pt shooter in time). He’ll be asked to hit the 3 ball at the NBA level and should be able to stretch out his shooting range over the next few seasons as he continues to develop. This will be a critical skill for him at the next level.
He’s not the most explosive athlete but has enough quickness to hang with NBA power forwards – but won’t be able to switch onto NBA guards. He’s not much of a rim protector either and his main value will be on the offensive end.
Timme doesn’t get a lot of lift off the ground and is more of a below the rim player. This is fine on the offensive end since he’s so damn crafty with the ball but hurts him on the defensive end and when competing for rebounds.
late first to mid second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 PF Rankings
- Paolo Banchero – 6-9 – Duke
- Daimion Collins – 6-9 – Kentucky
- Jabari Smith – 6-9 – Auburn
- Nikola Jovic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Mouhamed Gueye – 6-10 – Washington State
- Michael Foster – 6-8 – G League Ignite
- Roko Prkacin – 6-9 – Croatia
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 – Michigan (France)
- Brandon Huntley-Hatfield – 6-9 – Tennessee
- Azuolas Tubelis – 6-9 – Arizona (Lithuania)
- Drew Timme – 6-10 – Gonzaga
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Nate Bittle – 6-11 – Oregon
- Babacar Sane – 6-8 – Senegal
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Australia
- Dawson Garcia – 6-11 – UNC
- Anton Watson – 6-9 – Gonzaga
- Trayce Jackson-Davis – 6-9 – Indiana
- Keion Brooks – 6-8 – Kentucky
- Toumani Camara – 6-8 – Dayton
- Jacob Toppin – 6-7 – Kentucky
- Shareef O’Neil – 6-9 – LSU
- Omar Payne – 6-10 – Illinois
- C.J. Walker – 6-8 – UCF
- Lefteris Mantzoukas – 6-9 – Greece
- Jordan Brown – 6-11 – NA
- Aidan Igiehon – 6-9 – Grand Canyon (Ireland)