NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Ole Miss||HT: 5-9||WT: 160|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: HSsr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Daeshun Ruffin is one of the most exciting players in his class. He’s undersized but has a huge impact on the game. He’s quick with the dribble and has blow-by speed. He puts a ton of pressure on the defense with his driving ability and has a nice pull up game and get can get his own shot.
If he was a few inches taller we’d be talking about a potential first round pick. He’s got a strong frame and great athleticism, which help make up for not having ideal height.
His lack of size will certainly be a liability on the defensive end at the next level. There’s a short history of 5-9 players making it in the league but Ruffin has a chance.
2023 PG Rankings
- Skyy Clark – 6-2 – Kentucky
- Scoot Henderson – 6-3 – G League Ignite
- Dior Johnson – 6-2 – Saugerties, NY
- Chance Westry – 6-5 – Sierra Canyon
- Andre Curbello – 6-1 – Illinois
- Jaden Bradley – 6-2 – Concord, NC
- Tyrese Hunter – 6-1 – Iowa State
- Bryce Griggs – 6-2 – Houston, TX
- Zion Cruz – 6-3 – Ewing, NJ
- Daeshun Ruffin – 5-9 – Ole Miss