NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Ole Miss||HT: 5-9||WT: 160|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: So.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Daeshun Ruffin is one of the most exciting players in his class. He’s undersized but has a huge impact on the game. He’s quick with the dribble and has blow-by speed. He puts a ton of pressure on the defense with his driving ability and has a nice pull up game and get can get his own shot.
If he was a few inches taller we’d be talking about a potential first round pick. He’s got a strong frame and great athleticism, which help make up for not having ideal height.
His lack of size will certainly be a liability on the defensive end at the next level. There’s a short history of 5-9 players making it in the league but Ruffin has a chance.
2023 PG Rankings
- Scoot Henderson – 6-3 – G League Ignite
- Amen Thompson – 6-6 – Overtime Elite
- Anthony Black – 6-7 – Arkansas
- Cason Wallace – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jalen Hood-Schifino – 6-5 – Indiana
- Jazian Gortman – 6-2 – Overtime Elite
- Mike Miles – 6-1 – TCU
- Jalen Pickett – 6-4 – Penn State
- Nadir Hifi – 6-3 – France
- Marquis Nowell – 5-8 – Kansas State
- Tyger Campbell – 5-11 – UCLA
- Bryce Griggs – 6-2 – Overtime Elite