NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Chris Smith is an elite level athlete who is emerging as a talented basketball player. As a senior he’s very young for his class and has shown a nice rate of improvement over the past 3 years.
His calling cards early in his NBA career will be versatile defense, transition offense and hitting the open 3pt shot. If he can do these things at a high level he’ll have a long NBA career.
Smith is also showing the ability to create his own offense and put the ball on the deck. He’s got such a quick first step for a 6-9 player that he’s tough to keep out of the lane.
As a junior Smith raised his 3pt percentage to 34% and his FT percentage to a very respectable 84%. Look for continued improvement in his outside shooting over the next year. This will be the skill that could make him a first round pick.
- Trevor Ariza
late first to mid second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Small Forwards
- Jonathan Kuminga -6-7 – G League (Congo)
- Scottie Barnes – 6-8 – Florida State
- Ziaire Williams – 6-7 – Stanford
- Jalen Johnson – 6-8 – Duke
- Corey Kispert – 6-7 – Gonzaga
- Terrence Shannon Jr. – 6-7 – Texas Tech
- Jalen Wilson – 6-8 – Kansas
- Landers Nolley II – 6-7 – Memphis
- Keyontae Johnson – 6-5 – Florida
- Chris Smith – 6-9 – UCLA
- Trendon Watford – 6-8 – LSU
- Derrick Alston Jr. – 6-9 – Boise State
- Aaron Henry – 6-6 – Michigan State
- Samuell Williamson – 6-7 – Louisville
- Emmitt Mathews Jr. – 6-7 – West Virginia