NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Spain||HT: 6-4||WT: 205|
|BORN: 12/30/00||YEAR: 00||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Alocen is a point guard/combo guard who can be counted on to run an offense and find the open man. He’s a got excellent court vision, excels in the pick and roll and is an unselfish player who lets the game come to him.
He’s not a big time athlete but has good change of speed and can penetrate the defense, despite not having top end speed/burst. He’s got nice handles and does a good job of using hesitation and change of speed to beat his man and score in the lane or drop it off to the open man. His play-making ability looks like his best NBA skill.
Alocen does a lot of things well but doesn’t really standout in one area. He’s a good outside shooter, a decent 1 on 1 scorer, a solid defender and has OK size for position.
At this point he projects as a possible second round option who could be a draft and stash pick.
possible second round pick in the 2023 NBA Draft
2023 Point Guards Rankings
- Scoot Henderson – 6-3 – G League Ignite
- Amen Thompson – 6-6 – Overtime Elite
- Anthony Black – 6-7 – Arkansas
- Cason Wallace – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jalen Hood-Schifino – 6-5 – Indiana
- Reece Beekman – 6-3 – Virginia
- Jalen Pickett – 6-4 – Penn State
- Mike Miles – 6-1 – TCU
- Eric Gaines – 6-2 – UAB
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- Marquis Nowell – 5-8 – Kansas State
- Tyger Campbell – 5-11 – UCLA
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – USC
- Juan Nunez – 6-4 – Spain
- Jazian Gortman – 6-2 – Overtime Elite
- Bryce Griggs – 6-2 – Overtime Elite