NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Spain||HT: 6-4||WT: 205|
|BORN: 12/30/00||YEAR: 00||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Alocen is a point guard/combo guard who can be counted on to run an offense and find the open man. He’s a got excellent court vision, excels in the pick and roll and is an unselfish player who lets the game come to him.
He’s not a big time athlete but has good change of speed and can penetrate the defense, despite not having top end speed/burst. He’s got nice handles and does a good job of using hesitation and change of speed to beat his man and score in the lane or drop it off to the open man. His play-making ability looks like his best NBA skill.
Alocen does a lot of things well but doesn’t really standout in one area. He’s a good outside shooter, a decent 1 on 1 scorer, a solid defender and has OK size for position.
At this point he projects as a possible second round option who could be a draft and stash pick.
possible second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Point Guards Rankings
- Kennedy Chandler 6-1 – Tennessee
- TyTy Washington – 6-3 – Kentucky
- J.D. Davison – 6-2 – Alabama
- Iverson Molinar – 6-3 – Miss. State (Panama)
- Nolan Hickman – 6-2 – Gonzaga
- Caleb Love 6-3 – UNC
- Scottie Pippen Jr. – 6-1 – Vanderbilt
- Jean Montero – 6-3 – Dominican Republic
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
- Max Abmas – 6-1 – Oral Roberts
- Khristian Lander – 6-2 – NA
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – Memphis
- Andrew Nembhard – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Casey Morsell – 6-2 – NA