NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Arizona|
|HT: 6-9||WT: 240|
|BORN: 3/22/02||YEAR: Fr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Tubelis is a highly skilled power forward from Lithuania who has signed to play with Arizona. At 6-9 with a strong frame he’s got the size to bang in the post but his skill level is more of wing, with his open court ball handling, passing and play-making ability.
He’s a great rebounder and he loves to rip and run, taking the rebound and leading the fast break. He’s got surprisingly good handles and great body control for a big man. Overall he has great court vision and passing and this is especially impressive in the open court.
He can also take the ball coast to coast and finish above the rim or with a running (lefty) lay up.
Tubelis can also do some damage with his back to the basket where he uses his quickness and soft touch to score in close. He understands angles well and is skilled at using the rim to protect his shot from shot blockers.
Tubelis could possibly be a one and done draft pick but might need a few years in Tuscon before making the jump to the NBA.
2021 Power Forwards
- Usman Garuba – 6-9 – Madrid, Spain
- Kai Jones – 6-10 – Texas (Bahamas)
- Isaiah Jackson – 6-9 – Kentucky
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl – 6-9 – Villanova
- Greg Brown III – 6-9 – Texas
- Roko Prkacin – 6-8 – Croatia
- Amar Sylla – 6-10 – Senegal
- Yves Pons – 6-6 – Tennessee (France)
- Isaiah Todd – 6-10 – G League
- Oscar da Silva – 6-9 – Stanford
- Matthew Hurt – 6-9 – Duke
- Keion Brooks – 6-8 – Kentucky
- Trayce Jackson-Davis – 6-9 – Indiana
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Anton Watson – 6-9 – Gonzaga