NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Arizona|
|HT: 6-9||WT: 240|
|BORN: 3/22/02||YEAR: Jr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Tubelis is a highly skilled power forward from Lithuania who is starring for the Arizona Wildcats. At 6-9 with a strong frame he’s got the size to bang in the post but his skill level is more of wing, with his open court ball handling, passing and play-making ability.
He’s a great rebounder and he loves to rip and run, taking the rebound and leading the fast break. He’s got surprisingly good handles and great body control for a big man. Overall he has great court vision and passing and this is especially impressive in the open court.
He can also take the ball coast to coast and finish above the rim or with a running (lefty) lay up.
Tubelis can also do some damage with his back to the basket where he uses his quickness and soft touch to score in close. He understands angles well and is skilled at using the rim to protect his shot from shot blockers.
possible first to mid second round pick in the 2023 NBA Draft
2023 Power Forwards
- Jarace Walker – 6-8 – Houston
- Taylor Hendricks – 6-9 – UCF
- Leonard Miller – 6-10 – Ignite (Canada)
- Gregory Jackson – 6-9 – South Carolina
- Kris Murray – 6-8 – Iowa
- Trayce Jackson-Davis – 6-9 – Indiana
- Olivier-Maxence Prosper – 6-8 – Marquette (Canada)
- Mouhamed Gueye – 6-10 – Washington State
- Adama Sanogo – 6-9 – UConn
- Azuolas Tubelis – 6-9 – Arizona (Lithuania)
- Toumani Camara – 6-8 – Dayton
- Tosan Evbuomwan – 6-8 – Princeton
- Hunter Tyson – 6-8 – Clemson
- Drew Timme – 6-10 – Gonzaga
- John Castleton – 6-11 – Florida
- Keion Brooks – 6-8 – Washington
- Pete Nance – 6-10 – UNC
- Jacob Toppin – 6-7 – Kentucky