NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Germany||HT: 6-11||WT: 250|
|BORN: 4/12/02||YEAR: 02||WING: 7-1||REACH: NA|
Hukporti is a physical specimen with NBA size and athletic ability. His movement skills are impressive for nearly 7-feet, 250lbs and he certainly passes the eyeball test.
He projects as a role player early in his career and will have to earn minutes with his rebounding, interior defense and running the floor but he’s got some offensive talent as well and should develop into more of a scoring threat.
His ability to get off the ground at his size is impressive. He’s a shot blocking force who reacts well and has a quick first jump.
He scores most of his points right around the basket, either on dunks or short lefty hooks and layups but is becoming a more capable outside shooter, showing good mechanics.
- Thomas Bryant
late first to mid second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Center Rankings
- Evan Mobley – 7-0 – USC
- Ibou Dianko Badji – 7-1 – Senegal
- Sandro Mamukelashvili – 6-11 – Seton Hall (Georgia)
- Charles Bassey – 6-10 – Western Kentucky (Nigeria)
- Ariel Hukporti – 6-11 – Germany
- Luka Garza – 6-11 – Iowa
- Kofi Cockburn – 7-0 – Illinois
- Armando Bacot – 6-9 – UNC
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – G League (Philippines)
- Conner Vanover – 7-3 – Arkansas
- Filip Petrusev – 6-11 – Gonzaga (Serbia)
- Alperen Sengün – 6-9 – Turkey
- Khalifa Diop – 6-11 – Senegal
- Nfaly Dante – 7-0 – Oregon (Mali)
- Neemias Queta – 6-11 – Utah St (Portugal)
- Ikey Obiagu – 7-1 – Seton Hall